From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:23:46 -0700
And sorry that that this is going to all groups.but it's easier.

Well we've been pretty good here at the shelter.  Nibbles who we thought
we were going to lose, is doing just fine.  She bounced back after some
medication.  man I could use some of that!  Zeus, BamBam and Eve our
other sick permanents are doing really good.  Still struggling with Zeus
to eat at times but he is doing really good for the most part.  We have 2
boarders here that will most likely stay with us.  They both had a hard
time adjusting to the new place here and going back home after 8 months
might be hard.  Plus add in the fact that the dad is military and will
most likely be moving in another year or two.  The kids are free roam
here and there they get out almost everyday..  So we will see.  They are
going to call and make a decision in the next couple of days.  If they
want them back then they go back.  If not, they stay here

We are down to 5 groups now.  10 ferrets in the back half of the house
that are free roam.  They get out front once a day too.  And they are
VERY spoiled!

We are going to take in a group or two from Ferret Friends in Tucson.
Their President is having a hard time medically and they have asked for
foster homes for now to help them and Ginny out.  So.  our group sizes
will go up again but that's ok I guess.  That's what we are here for.

We (Shawn and I) were able to go camping from Friday to Sunday.  Donna
came and picked up 2 ferrets (one needs daily meds) and the rest were let
out in areas all weekend to play.  (THANKS A BUNCH DONNA!)  Only had to
keep one group of 2 caged in a huge cage.

Monday I had to go to court with my niece.  She was charged with stealing
a debit card and stealing $400 from it (stole it from a friend).  So she
is charged with 4 felonys total.  She just turned 18 this year and got
messed up in Meth and other drugs.  She has to go back next month with
her attorney.  She didn't have one appointed yet.  Samantha (my niece)
lived with me for 2 years when Child Protective Services removed her from
her mom (my sister).  But after having problems at my house, she went
into a foster home that was WONDERFUL.  Then moved out when she was 17
and then started to screw up.  But she is more of a daughter to me than
my niece.

My dad got into an accident in June on his motorcycle (Gold Wing).  He
was ok.  but biked needed $5000 in repairs..  thank goodness for
insurance companies!  Then he rode his bike at the end of June from
Arizona to Ohio, then to Canada and then back to Ohio and just got home
yesterday.  While he was gone, Chris - my boyfriend, was house and puppy
sitting.  Which changed about 3 weeks ago when we broke up.  I had to
bring the puppy to my house.  which he's a small dog so my ferrets didn't
like him and tried to hurt him.  so that was interesting to say the
least.

Yes, I am NOT getting married now.  Still trying to deal with that.  He
loved me and the ferrets but he just couldn't grow up enough for a wife.
so back to square one in that aspect.  He still wants to get me back but
he's got a lot of growing up to do and I honestly don't think he can do
it.  plus win back my trust.

So.  this weekend I have a bunch of projects to start on.  SOS stuff, CMF
stuff, Shelter stuff and trying to find my house and paperwork.  Plus
somewhere in there I have to clean up my yard.  Ferrets and litter boxes
are a normal every day thing.  Oh oh and on Saturday they are delivering
to pallet of wood pellets!  So.  guess it's going to be a busy weekend
for me.  plus I'm getting sick!!

Hopefully by the end of August I will be ready to go with everything and
have my time managed better.  One can only dream right?  :-)

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz