From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 14:39:17 -0400
Margie here

As of the noon recess this is what has happened.

As of Noon, Atlantic tiime, the County government presented their first
expert and was crosss questioned by our attorney.  He was questioned as a
hostile witness meaning only answers allowed were "yes, no, or I cant
answer" From what I was told he "was cut to pieces by our attorney" The
judge has allowed the State to interviene to help the local attorney ,
citing that the case now longer is just about Kodo.

No one has seen Kodo yet.  Our attorney has also filed a declaration to
include a personal law suit against Karen Burns of Animal Control and
include as additional plantiff the Great Lakes Ferret Assoc.

This case is going to take time.  Costs are mounting.  Rooms per night for
our experts are $50.  airfare is averaging $600 round trip.

I have to feed the babies.  More deatials later.

[Moderator's note: The FML didn't get a further update yes, but I have
heard that Kodo's vet will get to see him tomorrow, that testimony was
very favorable to Kodo and some people are quite optimistic.  BIG]