From:
Donna Ann Peet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:15:55 -0700
I was hoping someone could answer a question for me.  I have a four year
old, neutured, vaccinated ferret who has had a chin rash for about 6 months.
I have been applying what I was prescribed (Forte Topical) for around 4
months with little success.  Sure it goes away after applying, but returns
in about one week (if not less).  I have witnessed him rubbing his face on
the carpet like a lot of ferrets do.  However, both his back feet have
reoccuring scabs on them.  I do not use carpet powder, I even took away the
plastic bowl thinking he might be having a reaction to plastic.  His chin
has not improved at all.  Any suggestions?  I wash him in D Basic (by DVM)
about every two to three weeks.  I feed him Science Diet kitten and cat
mixed.  Besides looking funny he is acts fine.

Thank you Sue