From:
Dale Mathurin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:27:03 -0400
First let me say I have never posted here before.  I have four ferrets.
I read the FML to keep up on Ferret health and stuff.  I have only paid
for one of my ferrets.  I bought him as a companion for one of my rescues.
I love animals and I took my first one not knowing any-thing about them.
She passed away 2 weeks later from unknown causes.  She was badly abused
before we took her.

All of my ferrets are MF.  So far I have never had any other problems with
health.  One of my girls is atleast six years old.  When I got her she
weighted 1.5lbs.  Now she is 2.5lbs and absolutley beautiful.  (She was
badly negleted for 5 years.)  I think all this "don't buy MF" won't hurt
any one but the ferrets.  A "boycott" will not stop them as probably most
of thier bussiness is research subjects.  If a ferret needs help we should
help it reguardless of it's pedigree.

Second my husband thinks I am crazy because he has now found me crying my
eyes out about things I read here.  My sympathies to those that have lost
love-ones.  Your stories do remind to treat my babies like every day is
the last.

Third, if anyone is intrested in starting a NE FLA ferret club let me know.

Thanks you for listening.
Gen