From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 13:06:25 -0500
Nancy made a very good point in her post about people with pets who are
selling their homes.  Our home has been on the market for quite some time
now and we do get many "lookers".  Many of these "lookers" come to view the
house when we are not home. I was worried about what to do with the ferrets
on these days. (they love to try to escape from their room when visitors
come)   I didn't want to cage them all of the time because sometimes
appointments get cancelled and then they spent all that time in the cage for
nothing.   I also am aware that there are some people out there that are
just plain scared of ferrets or who just do not like animals in general.
Some Real Estate agents were not showing clients the room that houses the
ferrets because they were afraid to pick them up if they tried to escape.
So, here is what I did:

I let our broker know in advance that we own 3 ferrets and that they are
allowed to roam free in their bedroom.  I told her that if they call 24
hours in advance, we will be glad to cage them for the day.
I printed out  brightly colored signs and hung them on the door to the
ferret's room.  It says:  Caution!!  Please keep door closed at all times.
Ferrets are not always caged!  If given 24 hours notice in advance, we will
be happy to cage them for your convenience.  The other sign, of course,
says:  Home of the World's Greatest Ferrets --Misty, Charity, and Sobriety.

When I am home, and people come to the house, I cage the ferrets until the
"lookers" leave. Some of them  love the ferrets and some are move than happy
happy to see them caged.  It keeps the ferrets safe from getting underfoot
and possibly sneaking outdoors (they love to travel).  I find it convenient
for the Real Estate lady and safer for the ferrets.

Julie and The Fuzz Factory - Misty, Charity, and Sobriety

              Sobriety
There's a ferret who lives in PA
Who just loves to dance and play
He has lost lots of hair