From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:54:11 -0400
It was a lovely morning at de Bridge and SaraFerret was sitting outside
weaving de long grasses into mats for de kits to wipe dere paws on when
dey came into de cottage from play. All of a sudden she felt de whoosh
of wings and of course who should fly in but Dexter, de little boy
courier, with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, youse best quits messing awound weaving tings and gets
busy. A fewwet is cwossing de bwidge. And you know dat de Boss gets
reals upsets when a fewwet isn't gweeted wights away. Is dere anybody
youse wants me to gets."

I laid aside my weaving and took de note Dexter handed to me, quickly
read it and whispered to him, "Dexter, how many years has I been doing
dis? Don't you think I knows how important dis is? Now be a good
courier and go and fetch de requested ones."

First, I gave a big SIGH! and I knew dat Dexter has not changed one
bit, but oh well. I headed for de entrance. I was just in time to see a
big albino fuzzy with a big backpack crossing de bridge. I introduced
myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no pain or
suffering. You will be surrounded by lotsa friends and run on green
grass forever. Did I mention de fun and games?"

De albino fuzzy looked at me and said, "I know who you are. Mommy
and Granny told me all about the Bridge. Do you know them? They are
wonderful. My Granny wrote poms. Do you write poms? I don't see anyone
else around here except you; are you sure there will be others here
beside me and you? I mean you are nice and all, but I don't know how
much fun the two of us can have. Can you fix me all up so I can feel
better so I can play again? Oh yeah, forgot to introduce myself, I am
Q-tip--didn't mean to be impolite."

"Questions, questions," I replied. "Dis is de right place to ask dem.
First of all, I have heard all about your Mommy Julie and your Granny
from fuzzies who have crossed before you. But I don't know dem
personally. I don't write poms myself, very few fuzzies do, but I have
heard some of your Granny's poms, and dey are very nice. You must be
very proud to have a human who can write poms. As to other fuzzies you
will just have to be patient for a bit. And as to de fixin-up..."

POOF! All of a sudden Q-tip began to feel so much better; his albino
fur all fluffy again as it once was before he got sick. Den I asked him
what he had in his secret backpack (unlike humans fuzzies can take it
with dem). He looked and me and said, "Whatcha' want with my things,
dontcha' have things of your own?" I replied, "I am just nosey like any
fuzzy. It has been so long since I was on earth I just wanna see what
fuzzies bring with dem." So he carefully unzipped his pack and took out
a beautiful blue blanket. Of course once taken out, it was very, very
difficult to stuff back in but finally we DID IT. And den...

Out of de shadows came Panda and Patches, his friends who had crossed
before him and what a reunion it was. Joyful dancing and dooking all
around. And den Panda said, "Hey Q-tip, you notice the wings I has on
my shoulders? You is gonna get your very own pair of these, of course a
different color. We each gets our own special set. The wings are great
for flying about the heavens--sure beats hoppin from cloud to cloud."

Q-tip whispered to me, "I guess you wasn't telling me stories. I
'pologize for thinkin you was." I replied, "Its alright. All de fuzzies
think I am telling stories when dey cross and all dey see is me."

So off we all went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of
course). He opened de box and took out de wings--Hot Pink with silver
streaks. Patches helped him put on his wings and Panda adjusted his
halo. Den Q-tip ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection
and turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy and Granny could see me
now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and headed down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw de vision of
Mommy Julie and Granny appear surrounded by dere fuzzies appear. Q-tip
gots so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Dey know your poms here
too. I feel so much better now. I has friends here, Panda and Patches
are here with me--see!!!!!!!! I has beautiful wings now and soon I will
be able to fly and one day I will visit you in your dreams."

Den he began to thrown his hugs, kisses, and promises and wrapped dem
with all of his love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was
headed to your house and by de time you should read dis it should have
landed dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we left dere and went down de road to dere cottage which was really
quite large--A banner was strung across de trees--WELCOME TO DE BRIDGE
Q-TIP-it read. Fuzzies was a-dancing, music a-playing. Mercy, de food.
Q-tip couldn't believe it! All de food dat had been forbidden on earth
was laid out before him--things like m&m's, squirt cheese and crackers,
cold pepsis, sweet iced tea, things like that. I stayed for a bit, but
soon I said my good-byes. I gave Q-tip a hug and headed for home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter