From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:53:51 EST
Little Moe, a 9 month old female ferret, was spayed about 3 weeks ago.  Her
hair on her belly is pretty much non-existent thus far, and I have just
noticed that her skin turned purple on her belly.  A vet. in my area
(Maryland) said that the skin usually turns purple before hair starts to
grow back.  This vet. is very knowledgeable about ferrets.  Has anyone ever
seen anything like this before?

Any info.  would be wonderful.

     Melanie and the crew (Norman, Gizmo, and Moe)