From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1993 09:10:41 -0400
> talking about.  Anyhow the Marshall Farms ferrets I have been seeing
> lately have been looking worse and worse.

I was just in the PetLand at Parkway Center Mall in Greentree (just
outside Pittsburgh, PA) and they had a new crop of ferrets. They were
the healthiest, fiestiest little creatures (huge!) I've seen in a while.
I'm about 90% sure they only buy from Marshall Farms, so perhaps some of
the ill health of those ferrets in your area are from lack of proper
care? I didn't check for double incisors on all the babies, but the two
I played with didn't have them.

Were the ferrets directly in the wood chips or were they under the
ferret cage? These ferrets had wood chips under the cage -- not a lot,
the ferrets didn't touch them, and they were not cedar but unscented. It
surprised me because there are people working there who are very active
in the ferret world.

--Barb--

[According to one person we know who has ben, and possibly still is,
an employee at a petshop, much of the difficulties you see in
small animals at petshops is the shop's fault.]