From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 15:10:03 -0400
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]> spaketh thusly:
>Did you know that at one time there were so many ferret stories, song
>lyrics to existing songs, and poems that Bryan (Brian?) Coffey (?)
>actually put together the _Ferret Poem Book_ with FML members donating
>ferret art work, too, as illustrations?  It wasn't complete because the
>contributors all gave permission so some people could not be located or
>didn't want work included.

I remember Bryan's book as well.  I thought he did a very nice job on
it (and not just because I had a few poems in there!:^).  He called it
"Shelterware" and the price of the book was a donation to a Shelter.  A
very nice idea - one definately worth someone doing again.

>"If you were building a home from scratch what things would you have
>included for the ferrets?"
>
>I recall a mention of built in seating and steps with tunnels through
>them (which could be reached by hinged tops) and windows at times in the
>tunnels so that visitors could be startled.  Also, having all furniture
>in a room suspended from the ceiling beams so ferrets could dash
>everywhere.  I think someone mentioned a circular room, too.  LOL!

Hahaha!  Thanks, that brings back memories!  I think I suggested the
round room!  I know *that* would have drove my fuzzies absolutely crazy.
Of course they might have just piled their goodies and toys together
to make a poo-poo corner.  Yeah.....I bet they would have.  Ok.  Never
mind!  %^P

FWD: 3 ferrets free to a good home in Western New York State
(Rochester/Finger Lakes Area)

A co-worker just passed along info to me about a flyer posted in her
local grocery store.  She thought I might be interested - sadly no.
There are 3 ferrets free to a good home.  I have no details other than a
name and phone number.  If you are interested, please send me an email
and I will pass along the contact name and number.

-kim
-------
Kimberly Burkard  |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
[log in to unmask] |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.