From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:48:54 -0400
We are thinking that stained and varnished (maybe sealed), louvered,
wooden, interior window shutters might be the best way to go in the
future for the ferret room. They would allow us not only to use them
like curtains or shades, but with top louvers open we could safely have
the windows open for air circulation in seasons that are not inclement.
For the other rooms we are looking at other window approaches.

The proportions on this are different, but this is generally what I
mean:

http://www.shutterland.com/traditional-shutters.asp

With so many ill family members we still have not done our flooring,
but we have decided what we are going to do. The ferret room will in
tile with bullnose tiles vertically along the walls. The rest will have
a border of tiles extending out and also bullnose tiles vertically
along the wall but then the centers of those rooms will be sealed
wood (not thin slats but a serious wood floor). Steve and I are still
split on how to do the hallway. I'd like to work bright tiles into a
carpet-looking patterns (and of course have bullnose tiles vertically
because those are so great for tackle ferret messes) while he'd like
wood in the center. Mostly, he'd like wood for the comfort of it,
while I like tile because there will be easier cleanup if the washer
and drier people create a problem with our hallway washer and drier.

We are in a small condo.

Anyway, we have been discussing and looking into a wide range of
options through the years and these seem best to us.

Your experiences?

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/