From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:10:53 CST
Carol, I cannot say enough how much I LOVED your story!  There always seems
to be more disheartening stories than happy.  This goes for all those good
story writers too, and you know who you are.  Thanks and keep 'em coming!
I hope to be writing a happy one soon when my Chico gets along with the new
comers.  That is my dearest wish, not that the lottery would be terrific
too!

I was in PetCo Saturday picking up dog food and always stop by the ferret
cage.  It was open and I got to love on an albino female.  There was a
young girl (teenager) holding one.  She has two and wanted to get another
one.  I said I had 10.  One of the young employees was there.  I mentioned
how they weren't bitters (they were all big, probably 10-12 wks old).  All
the kits from Christmas were gone (surprise, surprise).  The albino she was
holding nipped her and she slapped it on the nose.  I said you don't ever
do that to a ferret!  That's what makes them bitters.  And she said that
her vet, or someone told her to do that.  I said you never do that, you
scruff them and tell them no.  So hopefully I informed two more people on
how to not mistreat ferrets.  When I put the albino back I had all three
crawling up my arm wanting to come home with me.  With 15 animals I just
couldn't bring another one home!  My husband would not have let me out of
the store, I'm sure :o) Guess I need a bigger house, more rooms, so I could
have more animals, then I would need more time at home to care for them
which would mean a different job, then I could become a shelter, sound
familiar???

Hugs to all,
Mary, Rob and all 15 critters
        1 - 3-legged dog, Corkey
        4 - cats (Simon, Chance, Lucy and GG)
       10 - ferrets (Rowdy, Chico, Harley, Sadie, Wheeler, Daisy, Emily,
            Summer, Fruit Loop and Bootsie)

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"