From:
William Chenoweth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 20:54:43 -0800
Hi.  I'm a new ferret owner.  I have a 10 week old male ferret named Arvind.
I have a question I couldn't answer from the FAQ.  I have been training him
to not bite hard and he is excelling in the toliet training thing.  ;)

What I wanted to know is, how far do I take his bite training?  We like to
play where I tickle his belly and he grabs my fingers with his teeth.  It
doesn't hurt unless he gets really worked up.  Then I spank him once on the
flank.  I'd say at least 95% of the time he doesn't bite hard enough to make
it hurt.  I am not sure if I should train him not to bite fingers at all or
just to not bite hard.  I will train him not to bite at all if that's what
I'm supposed to do, but I would really hate to accidentally train him not to
play like a ferret.  I would like to get another ferret soon so they can
play together.

On that note, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly adopt a
ferret kit?  I had planned on just "rescuing" another pet store ferret but
I'd be just as happy adopting a homeless kit instead.  I am happy to pay for
shipping, alterations, and shots.

Thanks alot for your fuzzy advice!!

- William
Arvind's Human