From:
James Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:43:11 -0700
We knew it was coming, but it still hurts just the same.

On Oct. 15th, we made the decision to help Princess to the Bridge.
Princess had an abdomen full of tumors, that had compromised almost all
of her vital organs.  Our vet decided that there was little we could do
for her, but to make her comfortable, until she told us she was ready.
Wednesday night, she let us know that she was ready to go join her
brother Pico, who died almost one year ago at his adoptive home.

Princess came to us in June of 2001, along with her sister Dodger.
They were great little girls, who got along with everyone and loved to
play.  In Feb 2002, they were adopted by what we thought would be a great
loving home where they would be spoiled and loved forever.  However, dou
to this person snapping up every "free" ferret that she could find in the
newspapers and such, she became overwhelmed with ferrets (10) and decided
to return the girls and started farming out all of her others.

Princess and Dodger came back to us in June of 2003, along with Nico.
Nico had lost his brother Pico while at the adoptive home.  Now he came
to us, blind and missing his long time cagemate.  Dodger had also gone
blind, from the time she left us, to the time she returned.  Now we had
two blind ferrets that Princess was used to, who didn't play since they
could not see.  Princess turned into a "moper", who would only come out
to eat and do her business.  She spent the rest of her time curled up
with her friends, maybe to comfort them since they were blind and would
get "picked on" by the other ferrets.

Then came the tumors,and it was only a matter of time.  Shelter mom
helped her to eat with "soup" which she took with little fuss, but hated
her medicine.  She held her own for a while, but her condition worsened
over the last week.  She refused to eat, had to be force fed, and finally
she lost the ability to relieve herself.  It was at this point that we
called Dr. Katie.  She came over right away, and brought the "medicine"
that would make our baby feel better.  We all said our goodbyes to our
Princess, laid her out on a towel and Dr. Katie gave her the shot.
Princess left this cruel world surrounded by people who loved her and
would never throw her away.  Now she can run with Pico at the bridge,
free of the pain she had lived with.

Princess  6-99 / Oct. 15, 03
Sadly missed by dad, mom, Nico, Dodger

Jim Kennedy