From:
Jacky Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 18:46:48 +0100
Cat litter or Shavings?
As my two darlings have decided to post all their cat litter back out of
their crate I went back to using shavings.  I got great amusement at
watching their back ends kicking it out and then them posting the remaining
pellets through the bars.  I use SNOWFLAKE brand shavings and had a very
nice conversation with a manager about what was in them.  They are safe for
the ferrets and don't contain any cedar etc.  The guy was very interested in
finding more out about my babies and hadn't realised that they can be lovely
pets.  Perhaps another ferret convert.

DERMATITIS.  My 4yr old cat has developed dermatitis and has had a jag for
it.  Is she likely to have passed it onto the ferrets somehow?  She has
also got a flea allergy but the vet found no fleas on her just flea dirt.
Neither Rosie or Warhol have any fleas.  Our 3 cats have been treated with
drops on their necks and am I right in assuming that I don't have to treat
the ferrets?

Jacky.