From:
Chuck Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 15:01:21 -0600
Ted Bartlett:
Yeah, I was referring to the dark line or "zipper" that runs down their
bellies.  I'm glad you like it, but I have to attribute it (I believe)
to Bill Killian.  I think that it is a cute analogy, as the lines are so
prominent and symmetrical :)

Toilets:
Our toilet lid definately stays down now!  I had seen pictures of ferrets
who would jump up onto the toilet to get a drink, but neither Kit nor Loki
had ever done so.  That is until last week.  I was walking through the
kitchen when Loki came running up to me and wanted me to pick her up.  I did
and noticed that her belly, inside of her legs, and underside of her tail
were wet!!  As I had no clue what was up, I went looking around the
apartment.  I entered the bathroom and the toilet seat was covered in water!
I guess Loki decided that she wanted a shower.

Renaissance Festivals:
We, my SO Chuck and I, go to festivals and faires as both participants and
patrons in the Illinois, Mo, and Kansas areas.  We frequently take Loki
along as she is our ambassador ferret.  She is great with kids and everyone
else too.  She fits in with the period, as ferrets were kept as pets and
hunters in England and Europe during these periods.  The people love to meet
her, especially the children!!  There is also a woman at the Kansas City
Ren.  Festival who is called, the Rat Lady.  She keeps her ferrets with her
and pretends to drive rats away from Canterbury.  It is neat to see!

Tricia (me, the ferret mommy and Lord Gryphon's Lady)
Chuck (the ferret daddy, Lord Gryphon--Sword for Hire)
Loki (are you goin' to take me again this year? oh please, oh please!!!)
Kitiara (*pout* why don't I get ta go?  I wont bite too many
         people...promise!)

"And Ye Harm None, Do What Thou Will." --The Wiccan Rede