From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 17:56:06 -0800
Hi All,

Well we went to see our good Doctor Pilcher today and he said Rocki had all
the classic signs of being in heat.  Seemed to be little question of it,
that is until he called back after surgery to tell me that she had already
been spayed!!!  AARRGGHH!!!  Anyway while he was there already he double
checked for any bits of ovarian tissue that may have been left behind and
there were none.  He checked her adrenals and they looked just fine too.  At
this point we are treating her with Amoxi Drops thinking it may be a vaginal
infection or something like that.  I sure do hope that is what it is and all
will be well soon.

I am a bit miffed at one thing, whoever in the heck shaved my little girl
decided to go from clear by the rearend all the way up into her high chest
area!!!  What did they expect the Doc to do anyway, cut her open from tip to
tip??  <GG> Some people's kids!

So Rocki is safe and home and has just been let out of the carrier into a
nicely warmed blankie from the dryer.  She will get these as often as I am
able thru the nite and tomorrow.  Then a little later she will get some of
the AD food to be sure she gets some nutrition into her.  Oh and we can't
forget the yummy Amoxi Drops.  Last time with Lightstar they gave me the
white stuff called Clavamox and good heavens do they ever detest that stuff.
They seem to love Amoxi so I got smart this time and requested it be that if
it was strong enough to work on this.  No problem at all and off I walked
with Rocki and the Amoxi:-).  So still keep Rocki in your thoughts please as
she takes her medicine like the wonderful little girl she is and hopefully
thru a full recovery.

This is the hard part of having a shelter.  These two sweethearts, Rocki and
BoBo, must now be with me at least two more weeks just to make sure all is
well with Rocki.  I love them all immediately but when they live with you
for this darn long it is real hard to give them up for adoption.  Of course
I know that they must go to a wonderful home somewhere else otherwise
Lightstar would never give me fuzzy kisses ever again!!<G> :-) TNT!

      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House