From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:44:06 -0500
>Actually, if you can get to where they hang out, there is a one-word
>answer for you:
>
>Febreeze

Febreeze may cause seizures in dogs, so it may not be the best thing to
use with ferrets either.  My former vet recommended not using it around
pets at all.  He said that although the evidence is only anecdotal, there
have been numerous reports of seizures after Febreeze had been applied to
a dog's bed or directly to its coat, so he said he wouldn't risk it.

>When an unexpected death occurs it always pays to do a necropsy with
>pathology.  Sometimes a cause is found that might endanger remaining
>ferrets and knowing the cause could stop further deaths.

Good advice Sukie.  Knowing the cause can also help ease one's mind.

Nancy and critters