From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:49:28 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Yesterday Britney wrote of her ferret that
>when I try to take these things away from him, he makes these funny
>noises that sound like hissing or screaming.  He snapped at my dad when
>he tried to take chocolate from him and he bit him really hard, breaking
>the skin.  I tried to scruff him, but its really hard to grab the skin
>cause he tenses up and he snaps at me and he acts all insane.

Not to make light of the problem, (but I am going to anyway Britney,
because I am utterly without tact, so please forgive me) but if you tried
to take CHOCOLATE away from me I'd hiss, scream, and bite, too!  Lordy!
My husband could tell you that there are days when he only dares to push
chocolate toward me across the floor with a long stick, 'cause it would be
too dangerous to get up close.  Theobromine, (from 'theobroma', meaning
'food of the gods) the exquisite, mind-altering alkaloid compound in
chocolate, KEEPS me from 'acting all insane".  He is a smart man, he
feeds me a lot of it.

Sincerely,
Alexandra in Massachusetts