From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:04:43 -0500
                    ****EVERYONE PLEASE READ****

Hi, Patricia Curtis here, director of the Ferrets First Rescue and Shelter
in Weatherford, Texas.......YES...  I am still alive, it was my computer
that died last Thursday !  !  !

I had a glitch in my outgoing mail on Flashnet and contacted their service
technicians to correct the problem, one of which caused the whole thing to
crash and my computer would not even boot...talk about major panic...if I
could have only reached through the phone line and grasped this guys throat,
at least I would have felt better.  Of course this occurred after I had
promised to the entire ferret world to post the next day with a listing of
ferrets here needing sponsors, etc..  I am very, very sorry guys, but
believe me it wasn't my fault and I am not ignoring anyone.

Yesterday, Michael Runyon arrived on his noble white steed and restored the
system by performing sheer magic.  Thank you Michael !  !  !  So here I am
at last, folks.  I will write up the list that I promised, hopefully, today,
and post it to the FML (boy have I missed the FML, talk about something
being addicting...breakfast just isn't the same without the FML).  I have
some major personal things going on here, as well as two ferret surgeries
this week so my 'pooter time' must be limited and my first priority is to
respond to the people who have emailed me so they don't get mad at me.

ATTENTION ! ! !  If you have sent any email to me in the last week, please
resend it because there were a few items that I read before this thing
crashed but I had left them in the "IN" mailbox and they were lost when it
crashed, also I am not sure I received each piece of mail that was sent
while the system was down, so just in case AOL or Flashnet 'lost' something,
please resend it.  Thank you, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
(One word of caution: Service Technicians are not always as bright as we may
think they are...beware...just because they tell you to do something, don't
assume it is right or that it will not harm your system.)

If you are interested in sponsoring a shelter ferret, please email me and
watch for a list of Ferrets Profiles here on the FML soon.

Thanks very much, love to all and their fuzzies...
Trish