Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:00:25 -0600
Lori:

I know that I speak for the large majority of the ferret community when
I say that you have our undying gratitude for the miraculous job you
did with the rescue. Although you were not responsible for starting
the wheels in motion of the whole thing, you were the one that Mr.
McKay somehow trusted enough to call to come and get the ferrets. And
we know you had to act immediately, without time to sit back, plan,
and consider whether or not you could organize such a massive and
unprecedented rescue. You took a leap of faith, trusting in the support
of the ferret community. You put everything else in your life on
hold indefinitely, and you acted with your heart in taking that one
opportunity to do the thing that we all had been hoping for many months
would somehow happen. If you had not made that quick decision to be
there when Mr. McKay told you to, who knows where all of those ferrets
would be today? But we do know where they are now, and it is because
of your faith in your fellow ferret lovers. We know that you have done
something that the vast majority of us could not or would not be able
to do. Do not let some misguided accusations or insinuations on the
part of a few people detract from this magnificent thing that you have
done to help so many ferrets. I trust that you will present information
in the near future to help us all understand what was involved and what
it cost. We can all learn from that. Hopefully those among us who are
short on patience or short on trust will give you the benefit of the
doubt. You deserve that, and much more.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna