Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:09:29 -0500
With Carafate the vet will check first to make sure that none of the
few meds that conflict are being given, ditto medical conditions that
conflict. What YOU will have to do is to time it. Carafate needs to
settle into and onto the irritated sections of the stomach like a
bandage BEFORE there are foods or meds given so allow it at least 20
minutes before them. We usually did a half hour when we gave it. You
do not want it coating the food instead, or coating the medication and
making it inaccessible.

If your vet does not have the liquid form most pharmacies do carry it
and ulness things have changed it is very affordable. What YOU will
have to do is to make sure that what they give you is very, very, very
well shaken so that what you receive is opaque. Sometimes a tech will
not shake it well enough to have sufficient med in there. Ferrets
accept it better with sufficient meds in it, too, BTW.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/