From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:22:47 EST
Um, excuse me if I step on any toes. What is the reason for collecting this
information? Some of it is pretty personal. Am I to assume that responding to
the survey will make my annual income, marital status, Internet habits, and
level of education available to anyone who cares to know them - for whatever
purpose?

I am owned by two ferrets and we love each other very much.  That's all that
matters as far as this list is concerned.  Anyone who wishes to know more
about me can write to me personally, read my previous letters that have been
posted here, or visit my web page.

I'm sorry, but this survey reads too much like a loan application.

I'd very much like to know to what purpose this infomation will be put
before I respond.  Until that happens, you may consider my reply to be "yes"
to all of the questions.  In some cases, it's "heck yes."

Perhaps I'm missing the point?  Please correct me if I am - but be nice in
doing so.

Paw Paw

[Moderator's note: I think the survey is pretty much expected to be filled
out anonymously - retuning via snail mail instead of e-mail might solve the
problem.  BIG]