From:
Amanda Wheat-Simms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:07:54 -0600
I appreciate everyone's suggestions, but I guess it was too late for
poor Linus after all. He ate his breakfast yesterday morning and took
his medicine like a champion, and seemed to be doing just fine, but
when I got home yesterday evening he was glassy eyed and staggering.
I have seen this a few times, but I was always able to get him to eat
something to get the blood sugar back up, but this time that was not
the case.

He refused everything I could think of to offer him, and wouldn't even
lick the Ferretone bottle. I put some honey on his gums, thinking that
would perk him up enough to feel like eating, but it just wasn't
happening. Rather than letting him go through the inevitable crash and
possible seizures, we went to the vet for our final visit. He came home
to spend one last night with his buddies and will be buried in our yard
this afternoon.

I'm heartbroken, but I think he just decided it was time for him to go.

Thanks again for all your help, I have learned a lot here.

Amanda