From:
Joe Beiter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1993 08:00:26 -0400
[It's "[log in to unmask]".  My domain gateway is
getting annoyed with having to manually forward these things.]

] Does anyone know of anything I could use to neutralize the ferret poop?
] I've been giving serious consideration to modifying the cage so it has
] no corners except the litter box ...

Well our setup seems to have avoided this problem.  What we did was buy
carpet remnents (real cheap leftover carpets-brand new) and line their
cage with it.  Then we have a plastic tray/box with ~4' sides with litter
for them to 'go' in.  It seems to work really well.  When the carpet gets
soiled then we just spend $3 and buy them new wall to wall carpeting. :)

[What do you do about the new carpet stench?  They sometimes smell
rather violent, and some people (as we would presume some ferrets)
are very sensitive to the chemicals.]

- JoeB