From:
Big Dave from the Enclave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 03:28:32 -0700
I think it is important to make the distinction between a wild animal
being kept as a pet and a domestic animal being kept as a pet.  We've got
to beat it home that ferrets are domestic animals.  I will tell people
this and then they say "well where can I find them in the wild"?  Hello,
not wild, domestic.

It's sad that the Prarie Dog is getting bad press, they are wonderful
little creatures unlike that Texas Farmer.  Ferret Owners regardless of
theie stand on keeping wild animals need to rally behind the Prarie dog
community.  Out here in the bung hole that is California the California
Department of Fish and Game is using the arguement that ferrets are a
vector for Influenza which unlike Monkeypox kills millions world wide.
What Fish and Game doesn't mention is that swine and birds are also
vectors yet they are legal.  We really need to come down on people,
groups and government entities that attack pet ownership, this includes
the California Department of Fish and Game as well as the California
Waterfowl Association and PETA.