From:
JASON J STEWART <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 22:17:21 EDT
Hi everyone!

After skimming through the FAQ I didn't find an answer, so I figured I'd
ask here.  (If the answer *is* in the FAQ I'll apologize now).  Anyway,
Marti is about 6 years old.  I have had her for almost three years now.
When I first got her she got sick.  She stopped eating, was vomiting and
lost a lot of weight.  The Dr.  she was taken to said he didn't know what
exactly it was (I don't think he was too familiar with ferrets) but he
thought it might be one of two things, both of which were fatal.  He gave
her some medicine(sorry, I do not remember what).  After force feeding
her the medicine a couple of times, she finally began to eat.  (She was
eating a prescription diet cat food that was supposed to help her gain
weight).  Well, she gained weight, but it seems like it was only in her
stomach.  When you pick her up you can feel all of her bones.  I can feel
all of her individual vertabrae and ribs.  She eats well but sleeps alot,
I had just figured it was due to her age.  She has seen three different
vets (for various reasons) and none seemed concerned about it, but for my
own peace of mind I wanted another opinion.

Sorry that this is so long, I just wanted to give the background info in
case it was of any importance.  Thanks!

Jenn and Marti