From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:55:16 -0700
I just use nylon zip ties to hold the cage together.  They are available
in any electrical department in various lengths and colors.  They are
easily clipped off if needed and replaced.  I also use small ones to hold
ramps in place by drilling holes in the edge of the plastic shelves and
the top of the ramps.  It is a lot easier than trying to get the ramp
loop in to the bottom of the shelf.  Mostly I prefer to not use SuperPet
cages but rescues come in with them.

Someone a while ago asked about good cage pads.  I found that washable
underpads are great for ferrets and any other animal.  They wash clean
no matter how bad they get.  If they are too large just fold the extra
under.  In searching for some on the net I found an eBay store that sells
used pads pretty cheap for all kinds of uses.  It is called Pet-n-Vet;
some were going for a couple dollars each and up acording to size.  They
also have new ones at very reasonable prices, about half the cost in the
drug store.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year.  Keep the fuzzies out of the egg nog!

Carol Owens