From:
"Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm and Sand" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:12:49 -0400
I was at a petstore over the weekend, and the sales person claims that
there are no small ferret breeders in Ontario.  The reason was supposedly
because of a few breeders who did too much inbreeding, and now it's very
"controlled".  She said all ferrets in ottawa came from Hagen, and Hagen
gets them from Real Canadian in Manitoba.  Just curious to know whether
this is true or not, or if anybody knows about laws and stuff regarding
ferrets in ontario... I've had a conversation with the owner of Real
Canadian in the pass (my Sand has a funny bite), and he claims they started
breeding ferrets when his son got one 12 years ago.  Now they breed
hundreds/thousands of animals including guinea pigs & rabbits.  one of my
friends also mention she read somewhere that someone got a ferret from a
memnonite breeder in the waterloo area.

I'm currently in ottawa, I got my ferrets in toronto, and I usually hang
around waterloo.

Thanx.

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm & Sand
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu