From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:15:18 -0800
Hi everyone,

My Sebastian ferret is going in for his adrenal surgery today.  I am
worried sick.  Not because I don't trust his vet-- he's the same
wonderful surgeon who did Lola's adrenal surgery last summer-- but
because I now live an hour and a half away from the clinic.  I recently
moved from Pittsfield to Sunderland (for those of you who know western
MA), and wanted to stay with the same vet for something like this.  With
Lola, I was actually in the operating room with her-- I was interning
at the clinic at the time-- but now I feel so helpless if something were
to happen.  They're going to call me when he's out, so I just have to
wait... I guess I didn't have much point in posting other than to get
my worries off my chest and ask you to keep Sebastian in your thoughts.
He's been happy and perky, even though he's skinny and balding!  Oh, and
one more thing-- will I be told to keep Seb in a separate cage when he
comes home?  Lola lives by herself anyway, but Sebastian shares a cage
with Pukka, who loves to play with him and groom him.  I'm just worried
about her grooming his incision!  Thanks so much.

Rachel, Lola, and Pukka, anxiously awaiting news on
the Sebamonster.

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits