From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:11:37 -0500
This is a serious question.  Why, when people are told they are in
danger, would they leave without their companion animals?  Do they think
that their animals are not in danger?  I'm not asking about those that
depend on others for transport (though I believe if someone is going to
provide transport they should care enough about others that they let them
bring their beloved companions along), but about those that have their
own transportation.... I've read many accounts of people leaving enough
food and water for their animals for a couple days before they drove
their own vehicles to areas that were safe.

I truly can't understand why the animals were left behind.  It's obvious
to me that if people need to move out of harms way, the animals do to.

As I mentioned, I'm talking about people that have their own
transportation.  Even if they had to park on the side of road and sleep
in their car, wouldn't that be better than leaving helpless animals
behind?

Please, I'm not being mean, I truly want to find a reasonable answer to
that question.

Ms. Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org