Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 11:57:41 PST
Hi All!

I've been reading this newsletter for about two months now, but have yet
to post so I'd best do the introduction thing. My husband and I have
two fuzzy kids. The oldest is Squirt, a 2 yr old sable male, and Pippi,
a 1 yr old sable female. They are a treat!

Speaking of treats, we like to give them little bits of things as treats now
and again (not too much though!). Our kids seem to love just about
any fruit or vegetable- they've gotten apples, melon, carrots, green
peppers, mushrooms, zuchini, etc. They *ESPECIALLY* love cantaloupe.
Chrunchy veggies like carrots and green pepper are also well liked. Nuts,
bread, and plain crackers are also munched with zeal! Or find their ways
into the "treasure troves." (Pippi caches. Squirt eats.) One thing they will
not eat much less touch is small bits of meat. In fact, they act like you
have just put down a piece of poison! We've tried raw and cooked
beef, cooked chicken and pork. *No Way!*   :)

Well, I guess you can call our kids the "Veggie Ferrets!"

-kim , mike and the veggie kids (squirt and pippi)

  Kimberly Burkard          |              _     Everything I needed to know in
  Xerox, Rochester, NY      |       _____C .._.  life I learned from my ferret:
  [log in to unmask]   |  ____/     \___/   Be flexible and go with life's
  [log in to unmask]  | <____/\_---\_\     twists and turns.