From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:08:20 -0400
Steve and I spent all day on pins and needles about 'Chopper's (7) latest
ultrasound for cardiomyopathy, but we got some VERY good news.  Yes, her
walls have thickened quite a bit, but her ascites worsening is not from
worse contractility (WHEW!), so basically, she'll get whatever amounts of
Furosemide she needs, and her Digoxin won't increase until her resting heart
rate gets over 200.  Right now it's about 180 typically and has been for
some time.  He says she's in fantastic shape for her level of cariomyopathy
and might well have another good 3 to 6 months in her to enjoy.  Other meds
all stay the same.  About through the first notebook in which we've charted
her meds; got to break out a new one.

Spot (6) gets a check-up on Saturday, possibly more x-rays, probably some
blood tests.  Got to find out what's bugging the little guy.  Something
still isn't right with him.

Everyone else is doing fine to excellent for their ages, and Meeteetse says
that her definition of WHY FERRETS ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE is: "We can
kiss you and sneeze at the same time without even slowing down!"

Sukie