From:
Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:18:27 -0500
A reminder - we only have a few days left for contacting the FDA
regarding the Animal Welfare Act changes on behalf of ferrets.  We're
trying to get the Act changed to require ferret kits be older,
preferrably at least eight weeks rather than five to six weeks, before
being sold or transported.  We're also trying to make transportation
safer for them, since they overheat so easily and tend to suffocate in
shipping.  This is the link.  You can send comments at this link and/or
via letter.  I am doing both.

Debbie Whorley
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic-bld61/component/main