From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:21:02 -0800
I have endured the most sad and heartwrenching day I hope I will ever - on
Friday shortly after noon Cosmo Kramer was sent over the Rainbow Bridge.

He was dropped off at the vet Friday morning with some others, Salem and
Bandit for Adrenal surgery and Amba for a teeth cleaning.

The vet called about Salem, who was on Lupron previously.  Donna asked
the vet to look at Cosmo, who was going to have a retest for Lymphoma.
The vet called back a few minutes later and said that Cosmo's prognosis
was not good, and we had tried everything from Pred to oral chemo.  He
had progressed into a sad state very quickly.

Donna's husband was enroute to a job not far from the vet, and I was on my
way to take her shopping to get ready for Santa.  We went to the vet, and
Donna played music for Cosmo, had him in his favorite sleep sack, and we
all said goodbye.  The last thing Donna said to Cosmo was "Thank you".

An hour after we brought Cosmo home the vet called and said that Bandit
was terminal.  She was also sent over the Rainbow Bridge.

This on the day before Santa was arriving at the shelter.  I don't know
if I would have the strenght to go through this if it were my shelter, or
even my ferrets.

Friday morning Cosmo recieved his first card from the FML.  Donna was very
surprised, because I did not realize that Cosmo's full name is not common
knowledge.  She was very puzzled, but promptly hung the card on Cosmo's
cage in hopes that he would see it when he came home.

She told Cosmo about the card as she held him in his last few moments.
She described it to him, and told him that many people love him, even
ones who don't even know him.  I think Cosmo knew what she was saying, he
was a very weird ferret.  We often described him as a person that was
reincarnated as a ferret.

Saturday morning when Donna was getting ready for Santa, she informed me
that another guy that was surrendered in bad shape died that morning.  I
know she was not in a mood for celebrating and visiting with Santa,
entertaining guests, etc.  but the Santa arrival was spectacular, and
everyone had such a good time!  It was the best party I had ever been to,
the ferrets got to see Santa, and each ferret received not only a photo
with Santa, but a present, a treat, and a Christmas Hideaway COMPLIMENTS
of the shelter!!!  I can't believe what a wonderful event was put on by
one single person who had just lost the most important and special friend
in her life.

I want to thank the FML'ers who sent cards and well wishes.  I know I'm
going to have to spill the beans about where the letters came from,
because now it's beginning to look suspicious!  I know in my heart I did
the right thing, and rest assured all the money donated will go to Cosmo
and the resident Angels.

We are planning a service for Cosmo at the Craig Road Pet Cemetery.  I am
very surprised at the outpour of love and compassion from FMLers who don't
know me or Donna, I wish you could meet her, he is the most wonderful
friend and a great ferret care giver.  She goes the extra mile and then
some.

I read someone saying something about sacrificing a cup of coffee, or
something to help another person (or ferret), that is so sweet and
wonderful.  I want to tell you more stories of the Angel Ferret Shelter,
but I have to get persmission first!  I'm so busted for this, but I know
in my heart I did the right thing.

Please visit the Angel Ferret web site, you will see a picture of Cosmo
modeling a product named after him : Cosmo's Retreat.  You can search for
Angel ferret, I think she is Angelferret.com now, I'm not sure.  Look for
the picture of Fruitcake (a ferret) and follow the directions.  You will
be able to view her products page, and see some other resident ferrets
modeling products that she names after them!  Conan's Camp Out is cool,
and Conan passed away just a few months ago.

Thank You everyone for your love and support!  If you met Donna, you would
want to take her home with you!!  (But she's not up for adoption, at least
not yet, I don't think!)

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Keep those cards and letters coming - In memory of Cosmo Kramer

A Ferret Friend

P.S.  - You will probably be hearing from Donna soon, too, I hope she's
still my friend~~~ BYE