From:
Tamara Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:50:25 -0700
Hello FML--
It's been a long time since we've posted; some of you may remember me
posting several months ago about our little baby Max who was diagnosed
with lymphoma (lymphoblastic lymphoma, sadly) in March.  He fought the
good fight and we tried everything for our little one, but he lost the
battle a couple of weeks ago.  I wrote to Sandee privately because I
couldn't bear writing the dreaded email to the FML--so if any of you
wondered who "Max" was that Sandee greeted so kindly for us on July 8,
that was our little boy.

Anyway, we decided that little Moonshine had been without a playmate for
long enough and decided to adopt a ferret from a local shelter here.
Moonshine needs a bully (and a male) because she's a pretty rough little
girl and doesn't get along with our other ones.  Just this evening, we
adopted a 2 year old boy who had been a breeder ferret and just got "fixed"
3 days ago.

And boy does he smell!

All of my other babies are Marshall ferrets, so I am very much not used to
this smell, and truth be told, it gives me a bit of a headache and I hope
I don't have some bizarre allergy.

So I'm wondering if any ferret parents who have "whole" weasels can give
us some tips on how to make this better.  The Shelter Mom mentioned that
it would lessen since he's now without his parts, but I'm hoping there's
something we can do in the meantime.

In advance, many dooks and thanks--
Tamara, Jeff, and the (now) 4 Mustelidteers (Ginger,
Moonshine, Penny, and our new friend Jack)