From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 01:00:42 -0400
Red high-backed litter pan: we had one of these.  The ferts preferred to
use it to store their favorite toys in.  Not sure why.

Our local Petco, which is a new store, has impressed me in a lot of ways.
The ferret housing isn't perfect but it's far from horrible--they have lots
of space, Yesterday's News for litter, a hanging tube and a ferret ball, as
well as moistened food.  Also, the store only orders 2-4 ferrets at a time,
even though they could sell easily twice as many.  They've said several
times that they don't want to have any of the ferrets stick around unsold
until they're four months old.  And they don't order more ferrets until the
last one is gone, so the older, bigger kits don't have to compete with
little fuzzy ones.

Also, I know that the employees spend a lot of time playing with the babies,
carrying them around in their apron pockets and letting them explore
occasionally.  They're very good about allowing customers to handle them,
with supervision, and after disinfecting their hands.  Overall, I'd have to
say it's a good pet store.  Their bird environments are excellent, the
fishtanks are clean and the fish are healthy, the small animals are....
small animals, look pretty normal, and the ferrets are not in a little
aquarium next to the rats and mice.

Jen and the Crazy Business
http://home.maine.rr.com/tesseract