From:
dave adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:46:30 -0600
First of all I am not a vet but wish sometimes I were.  The comment one
person made about vets being bad is not a fair comment.  I know for a fact
that vets are human beings just as we are and are effected by emotions
stress health and all of these factors and humans do make mistakes believe
it or not.  I have had very good luck with vets and should feel extremley
thankful which I am.  The clinic I use for my pets has everyone vaccinated
for rabies and tested periodically.  This is not the vaccination used after
a bite but is a preventative type such as any vaccination-- to help reduce
the need for extensive treatment if the bite or whatever occurs.  This
includes the receptionists as well as the techs.  The obvious reason is in
case of a bite the series does not necessarily have to be given.  This is
only using common sense with all the animals around.  Why do EMS technicians
use goggles and rubber gloves.  Im sure if a shot were available for AIDS
they would have used it.

I don't understand why the Giacomo vet did not take this precaution.  It is
expensive but so is insurance and a liability case.  By the way if Giacomo
were a dog or cat and the bite occured would the same scenario occurred?  If
not WHY NOT?

dave adams +16fbs