From:
Jay & Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:54:40 -0700
FML members have been such a help to me that I try to post if I feel I
have something worthwhile to contribute.  We have an Isulinoma ferret &
the advice to check the Miami website is excellent - the information
there is top notch!  I would like to add that our fuzzy is doing very
well on Diazoxide, & although my veterinarian (also top notch) warned
us that results vary & it does not always work, when it does work it is
amazing!  We really thought our little guy would not make it to Christmas
after he was diagnosed last summer.  Prednisone did not work (blood
sugars still in the 30s) but we added the Diazoxide & the improvement
was dramatic.  We still keep an eye on him as he can get into trouble
(too much exercise & not enough food), but overall he is doing great.  I
definitely advise exploring this treatment regimen if standard steroid
therapy fails.

Good luck to all,

Lisa (& the Ferret Of The House)