Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 01:02:58 EDT
Today and the last few days have been real headaches. Most of yesterday
was spent traveling to and from the vet, and long wait during surgery.
Black Sophie had a big cyst removed from her neck. It had been watched
for a while and aspirated a couple of times but it required going deep
in to get it all. She is doing great. I haven't recovered. I don't do
heat too well. But that wasn't the only heat. My eBay account was
hacked.

It started a couple of days ago with two letters from security at eBay
(and yes, I made sure they weren't spoofs or phishing). Someone had
listings under my user I.D. and my email address. These items were not
appearing on "My eBay" pages. But I did have a slightly disturbing
email from someone inquiring about the John Deere tractor I had listed.
Thought it was a phish. Silly me.

At first I was directed to log on and change my password. No problem,
right? Slight problem if eBay has obliterated your password. No matter
what I did and how many tries I made, I kept going in a loop. No way
could be found to sign in or change my password. Now feeling severely
threatened, I fired off emails to Customer Service, Security,
PowerSeller team, and the President, and maybe the kitchen help, I
am not sure.

Finally, it occurred to me to go to live chat. Remember, I was in all
probability slightly brain damaged from the heat. Security had trouble
believing I was who I said I was. This took a long time to establish. I
saved the chat which if it was spread out straight would probably cover
8 feet. Meantime, I was trying to find out A. How to change my password
and B. How did this happen? I won't bore you with all the details.

After establishing that it was not infiltration of my computer by a
virus, it turned on my eBay password. A member since May '01, I had
never changed my password. He finally established my identity for
sure and gave me a temp password, which I immediately changed to
****************.

So, please, all sellers on eBay here, change your password. Never
thought I would be hacked on eBay, but it happened. I am still selling
to support Bob's DNA collecting, and will have new items up over the
next few days. Will drop a line here.

Recently purchased some lovely things from Alicia at Ferret Wise -
Kolorcreations I think. Alicia correct me if I am wrong on your User
ID.

Won some lovely small ferret figurines from Minkey98, you must check
them out. Also, it was my telling the eBay security person that I had
recently won 3 ferret figurines, which clinched my identity! He was
probably thinking "ferret figurines??" - Yes, she did. Must be the
real Great2sk8!

Cheers,
Meg