From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:11:43 -0400
Pivot knows that she is not allowed on top of the desks that share the
ferret room, but she is superb at finding multiple ways to violate
that rule. She also knows that when she screws up, especially if she
dismantles part of a desk, she will go into the cage for a time out.
Today she got on top of the desk (but not its hutch this time) that I
built from a kit. They no longer have that model, but this is similar:
http://www.sauder.com/furniture/product.asp?p=410
Yes, we have locked the drawers with velcro. She did not use that route
today.

Steve went in, took her down, and began to straighten the mess she had
made.

What did Pivot do? She walked right over to the open cage door (which
she can easily climb into on her own) and stood there waiting for Steve
to put her into the cage. I guess the havoc she created was worth that
established price.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: