From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:33:09 -0700
Alexandra did a marvelous job of summing up arguments among us superior
(tongue-in-cheek) civilized (tongue still there)animals by sharing
Puma's, and Ping-is-He, last night's out discussion.

I see Sukie trying to help, I see Kim trying to respond, I think both
have taken this chat to a place it should not have gone, nor should
continue to go. I thought Kim's first reply was a bit harsh, but I too
speak directly so I took that into consideration when reading her
opinions. I do understand why Sukie would be a bit offended, but isn't
it also time to let by-gones be by-gones.

I do not approve of what Troy Lynn says she allows her ferrets to eat,
BUT, I do know that she is totally selfless, knowledgeable, caring and
loving with any ferret with which she has association. I know this
first hand, over a long distance of land between us, because of the
Giving Tree. So again I'll say THANK YOU Troy Lynn for Scout.

While I do believe an appropriate diet is very important for all life,
I also believe there comes a point in one's life when diet is not the
most important thing for quality of life for the time left in that
life - was that confusing? I'm not saying shove sugar down the throat
of insulinomic ferrets. I am saying that there is a place where balance
between good nutrition and joy of a treat that may not be good
nutrition is appropriate.

I'm wondering - Bill isn't it time to reject some posts? This seems no
longer about ferret's as much as "each me".

[Moderator's note: The subject certainly does cause a ruckus! I think
today's FML is considerably more upbeat but if things deteriorate again
it may be time to step in. I'd rather things progress on their own, of
course. BIG]

Finally, the best reply I've seen here on the FML to the brawl that is
brewed was posted by Inge... wonderful reply - wonder if everyone got
what you said... LOL

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace." ~
Dr. Albert Schweitzer