From:
Jeff Daniel Grundmann / Barbara Ann Billings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:31:11 -0700
Fellow fuzzy lovers,

My name is Jeff.  I have been a ferret owner on and off since 1982.
4 years ago, I had the opportunity to introduce my wife to ferrets and
we gave my young son a ferret for the holidays.  He was a grand friend
to all of the household (which includes 3 large dogs).  He left this
world a little over a month ago due to cancer (Yes, he was a Marshall
ferret) and his passing has devastated us all.  Razberry was the third
Marshall ferret that I have had.  The other two passed away early as
well, one heart problems and the other cancer.  Each time has been a
deeply saddening experience.  While my personal beliefs of life beyond
this realm and faith in it give me comfort, I do not wish to put my
family (and myself) through this trauma again.  I do not believe that
a ferret should have such a short life span.  I also have been led to
believe that the breeding practices of some large breeders is
questionable.  I have been told that this is what has, most likely,
led to the health problems and early death of my fuzzy friends.

This all leads me to the reason that I am writing to you.  I would love
to find a couple of kits to bring into our home.  I have been searching
on the web to find something close to New Mexico (my home), but have yet
to find any.  I am, therefore, looking into finding other breeders that
may have kits available.  I hope that you can help me.

Please answer some questions for me.  Are there any reputable breeders in
the New Mexico or Colorado areas?  Any in other nearby states?  For those
breeders responding to me, where is your breeding stock from?  How long
have you been breeding and how often do you introduce new lines?  Do you
have any kits available currently or upcoming litters?  Do you ship, and
if so how?

Thank you in advance for your expedient answers to my questions.  I look
forward to your correspondence.

Sincerely,
Jeff