From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:27:03 -0400
Nope, not of ferrets

<http://www.theledger.com/article/20090413/NEWS/904139990?Title=-Bill-Threatens-Pet-Trade>

It begins:
>There is an issue trying to be rushed past us by Congress on April
>23.The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act (HR 669) will
>totally destroy the pet trade. This bill would ban the sale of
>nonnative species, including almost every bird, reptile, tropical
>fish, and many mammals such as hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and
>ferrets.

If anyone is actually noticing this for the first time or is new to the
FML there has been info on this and things to say in your polite
letters against it in the FML for the past week and half or two weeks.
I think it was Scott who first noticed it if I recall correctly.

<http://www.petproductnews.com/headlines/2009/04/01/hearing-slated-for-nonnative-species-ban.aspx>

http://www.pijac.org/files/public/US_HR_669.pdf

Scroll down for the committee members in here:
http://www.pijac.org/files/public/US_HR_669.pdf

Find your own Rep and contact info:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
and by using these which have live links to click open:
http://directory.usayfoundation.org/
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html
and your local library and town hall can also tell you who your Rep is
in House of Representatives in Washington, D.C. and give you phone
numbers and addresses.

IF YOU DON'T STEP FORWARD ON THIS SCORE NO ONE ELSE CAN DO IT FOR YOU.
NUMBERS ARE NEEDED. Be polite!

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: