From:
"Jack Darkes, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:49:15 -0700
I have been reading with interest all of the comments pro and con a new
national/international organization and believe many good points have been
raised on both sides.  I have a few thoughts that I would like to add as
well.

My vision of this is a national/international movement by acting at the state
and local levels, which would involve leadership at both levels.  I think
its important to have one name involved with the organinzation/movement for
the sake of cohesiveness as far as our public image in getting our goals
accomplished.  My personal choice for a name is th Kodo Koalition, in memory
of who started this whole thing, with Bob J.'s approval of course.

I don't see why this would change any of the currently existing national
organizations -- I may be going on a limb here, but what if those involved
in the legalization efforts of AFA, LOS and the others became part of the
Kodo Koalition, working toward this common goal and all other aspects of
their organization's regular agenda remains unchanged.

On local levels, the clubs that are involved in the legalization efforts at
each state or local level could get together as, for example, Kodo Koalition
of Florida for the purpose of getting our laws changed, while maintaining
their identity in resuce/shelter and other areas.  And people could have the
option of joining the club and/or the Kodo Koalition.  I realize this will
require alot of cooperatiion among individuals where there may be previous
animosity or hard feelings, but it do you think its do-able?  Let me know
what you think.

Lucie Darkes, Tampa Florida