From:
Derek & Amy Flemming - Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:04:02 -0400
I have tried to send severel e-mails to Marge Szelmeczka and all were
bounced back to me.

My concern is the whereabouts of 3 ferrets placed with her - Bart (where I
know know he is), Pepsi, and Buttons.  I always thought the ferrets were
happy with her as she always told me so, but now I learned only thru the
FML that Bart had been re-homed.  Has Buttons and Pepsi as well?  Why was
I not contacted?

Michigan State law states that no ferret transfered from MI shall be given
away or sold - only to the person where the ferret came from.  This is
payable with imprisonment for not more than 90 days, a fine of not less
than $500.00 or more than $1,000.00, community service work of not more
than 120 hours, permanent relinquishment of the privilege of animal
ownership.

Of course none of this will be enforced, but an explination *IS* expected.
I really *should* have been contacted prior to the placement of Bart and/or
Pepsi & Buttons.

Amy Flemming

Flemming Farms - Michigan, USA
Breeding for Quality Ferrets
American, Australian, German, and New Zealand bloodlines
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

Weasel Watchers Ferret Rescue - Michigan, USA
Helping Needy Weasels
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/zoo/2690

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism"