From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2008 08:10:10 -0800
I've been so behind on everything these last couple of months
BUT
Happy Holidays Everyone ....

and I fervently hope 2009 offers us all better days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I finally have this moment, I would like to thank those of you
who sent Thanksgiving cards. I displayed them at work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIAMOND UPDATE:
She's doing extremely well.

Al put up another YouTube video of her going up & down stairs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/agksimon

Going down, she experimented with 2 different ways of going down ..
interesting to watch. Going up, tho, she zipped right up.

Diamond's also "furring up" nicely. The area of her incision is
really growing in. The spot on her left arm is filled in. You can
barely notice where it was. The 2 shaved areas on her back are still
noticeably bare with just a few little dark hairs coming in. She is
set her up in a playpen using 10 panels. She has 2 litterpans, one for
her crocheted egg and one for her. Her obsession is that egg belongs
in THAT litterpan.

Rose brings her Christmas gifts for her kids here to hide. This year,
she underestimated little Miss Diamond and just kind of tossed some
bags in the closet in Diamond's room which was just too much for the
little girl to ignore. She grabbed ahold of a large bag and tried to
drag it in her playpen but not before she chewed up the foam that was
on the handles of whatever the toy was. When she couldn't get in thru
the entrance, she dragged it back to the closet.

My conversation on the phone with Rose went like this:

Me: "Hi. You love Diamond, right?"

Rose: "Yes."

Me: "You'll forgive her anything, right?"

Rose:  {pause} "o.k."

Me: "Well, somebody's gift has received a special 'mark of Diamond'
because she chewed up some of the foam."

Now, I want to add, apparently nothing was ingested because she had no
complications from the incident, her poops are good and I haven't seen
any blue foam in the litterbox........ phew .... dodged that bullet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FERRET GIVING TREE

Thank you to those of you who were Secret Santas to George, Nicole,
Fizzy, Kilala, Molly, Bonnie, Clyde, Lilly, Checkers, Mo, Pebbles,
Dexter and Fiona (Zucus and Snuggles fell thru the Giving Tree cracks
somewhere as they never showed up on the Tree that I could see). In
all the day-to-day work of a ferret shelter/rescue, it's heartwarming
to know these little angels are thought of. It's also very nice to
make the connection with new ferret friends as well as touching again
with ..... I don't want to say "old" .... "established" ferret friends.

I've been on this mailing list for a long time and I genuinely treasure
my "ferret family".

Take care .... be safe

Dee
West Michigan Ferret Connection

p.s.
FYI, the count here is 66. God bless volunteers.