From:
Mike Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:45:01 -0600
I know this question has probably been asked about 3 Gazillion times, but I
was at the vet to day for my ferrets distemper shot (he's 9 weeks old) and I
was told by the vet he will only need 1 more shot in about a month.  I
questioned this, but was told that is what is now being recommended (By
whom, I do not know).  It was my understanding that they should be
vaccinated at 9, 12, and 16 weeks for distemper.  Is this correct?  Also,
should I allow him to get a rabies and Distemper in the same appointment or
should I spread them out, the vet did not seem to think getting both would
be a problem.  I have heard very differing views on this, and if they should
be spread out how long in between.  I should add that this vet comes highly
recommended, from another vet friend of mine, and has two ferrets of his own.

One last thing, would someone please get California's act together before
June so I can take my ferret home on vacation!

   Thanks
     Mike

P.S. A response to me personally would cut down on the list traffic.....
Thanks