From:
Kevin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 09:51:27 +0100
>Amy is looking for some information on long-term flea control options.
>She says that she remembers reading something in previous posts about borax
>and/or diatemaceous (sp?) earth...

>She's also curious if anyone has used... "Citrus and Boric Carpet >Powder"
>and ... "Bio Flea Halt Carpet Treatment Powder".

Shortly before we moved here, I heard about a flea treatment that
1. is guaranteed for 1 year.(written)
2. will in no way be harmful to cats, dogs, or fuzzies.
3. so safe that the humans and animals do NOT have to leave the house for
   any period of time during or after the treatment.

now those were the claims.  They said that the stuff is kinda like salt,
bonded with the carpets and what it does is dehydrate the fleas.  The person
that originally told me about it said that her house was infested with fleas
and after having it treated with this stuff, not a flea one was seen (of
course it took a week or two).  I check the yellow pages where I live and
called a couple of the places.  (look for the one year written garantee in
the ad) Now shortly after I started checking into this, We got military
orders to move so that all got put on the back burner as we
re-prioritized(sp?) but you guys in the States maybe check it out.

Have any of our ferret vets online heard of any of this stuff and do you
have a comment on it?

                Donna in Germany