From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 20:08:01 -0500
Just wanted to post the wonder e-mail I got!

Amy & Derek:

I don't mind the post at all!  I'm a VERY proud new ferret Mommy!

We put them in their new cage/home and let them get used to it for a while.
Both were thirsty and hungry.  They had no trouble adjusting to the food we
have here.  The cage has 3 levels and it was so cute watching them trying
to figure out how to get up the ramps...several silly attempts later and
they got the hang of it!

We then let them have the run of the house...just as our others do.  For
about 10 minutes, they explored and checked everything out.  I wish we
would have had the video camera out after that!  Russian began dooking and
war dancing all over the place.  He got so excited he was all "itchy"!  We
have several others that just get so excited, they roll over and scratch
and roll over some more.  It's adorable.  Chablis soon joined in the fun.
We have toys, tunnels and a playhouse for the ferrets.  Both Russian and
Chablis acted like kids at Christmas!  We often picked them up for a hug
and tickle, then put them down again, just so they will know that being
picked up does not always mean going back in the cage.

My sick boy, Draco, woke up, so we put Russian and Chablis in their cage
and let Draco play and I fed him.  Then, when he went back to sleep, we let
Russian and Chablis out again.  They were even more excited the second
time!  They had so much fun...both think running all over the place is just
the greatest!  Also...I got kisses from BOTH of them!  We had no problem
whatsoever with Chablis wanting to nip.  She seems to love it here!

We knew they had to be tired from the drive and the change, so we put them
to bed.  They both curled right up and fell fast asleep.  This morning, (I
did take off work <g>), they came out again.  (We let all the ferrets out
twice a day...more on the weekends).  Both were so happy to get to play
again.  They adore toys!  I gave them some safflower oil, and both enjoyed
it very much.  After a while, Russian would be playing and then would run
up to me and jump up on my legs.  I'd pick him up and cuddle him awhile.
He'd give me a kiss and I'd put him down to play some more.  He ran up to
me many times for a hug and cuddle.  He's just such a sweetheart.  Chablis
is not as much a cuddler so far (but girls usually aren't), but she has no
problem at all with being picked up and petted, then put back down.  She
never once acted like she might nip...just had a bushy tail from so much
excitement!  Also, both used the litter boxes 100%!  What more can you ask
for?

I don't know how to thank you enough...these two sweethearts have brought
such joy to my heart at a time when I truly needed it.  I don't think I
knew just how much I needed it until today.

The entire family adores both of them.  We still can't get over what a
thick, soft, beautiful coat Chablis has, and Russian...well, he's
Russian...no more really need be said.  He is absolutely one of the most
sweet, lovable and beautiful ferrets I have ever seen.  Such a great
personality!  I am in awe!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  (And you can post this to the FML if you
want to also!)

Have a safe and wonderful trip to New Zealand!  You have my unending
gratitude for placing White Russian and Chablis in our home!  They will be
loved, cherished and spoiled for the rest of their lives!

Judy and Duane Gronwold

P.S.  In case any of those I sent ccs to did not yet see Russian, here is
the link: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/9521/russian.jpg I
looked, but wasn't able to find a picture of Chablis.