From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:42:09 -0500
We couldn't bring Cujo home yesterday, (Tuesday) as planned.  When I called
the vet at 9 am, he said Cujo was still not urinating and they were going to
do an operation that would make our little boy a girl.  Well, actually, they
were going to make a new urinary opening just ahead of the anus.  The
operation was at noon, and when I talked to the vet at 4 pm, he said when
they made the incision into the eurethria, there were tow "gelatinous globs"
in there....the same grainy material that was in his bladder.  When they
were removed, Cujo could urinate.  The vet took him home with him again
Tuesday night, and when I called this morning, Wednesday, they said to pick
him up at 4 pm.

These must be the toughest little critters on earth!  To survive the surgery
in April, and have two surgerys in two days and still be around.......quite
a feat for such little guys.  I hope this is the last he will need.  The
estimate this time was a little over $400, but that was assuming just the
surgery Monday.  The vet did say that the second surgery would be "at cost".
Can't wait to see the final bill this afternoon.  But, after his first
operation, I would watch him crawl up on my wife's chair, or sit and wait to
picked up, crawl up to her cheek and give her kisses by the dozen.  "That,"
I would think to myself "is why we spent the money."

I'll let you all know how he does.  I got so much support and Cujo got so
much nice e-mail the last time.  Thanks for being here.

  Charles, Agatha, Donna, Cujo, Bandit, and Snowball
    We think about Kodo every day.